With the number of documented hate crimes and racist behavior seemingly increasing daily, we appreciate the immense toll this takes on our Black, Asian, Latinx and other under-represented associates. While it may not be feasible for Danaher to respond to each incident, Danaher condemns this behavior. It is morally wrong and unjust.
We are committed to giving our best efforts to ensure that every associate finds a safe, healthy and fulfilling environment at Danaher.
In line with our focus on Diversity + Inclusion and to support the needs of our associates, we have done the following over the last year:
- Held ourselves accountable to progress by setting five year diversity representation goals.
- Hosted a Day of Understanding intended to engage and activate our people leaders on D+I and inspire their personal commitment to build and sustain a truly diverse team and inclusive culture.
- Launched a global Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and offered mental health resources, including free counseling for associates impacted by systemic racism and hate crimes.
- Hosted One-Point Lessons focused on raising awareness to specific issues impacting our colleagues and how we can stand with them in support. All are still available in replay.
- Anti-Asian Behavior and the Myth of the Model Minority
- How to be an Active Friend and Advocate Against Racism
- Race Relations in the Corporate World and its Impact on Mental Health in the Black Community
- The Importance of being a +Friend and Ally in the LGBTQ Equality Movement
- Supported Black communities with donations to the National Urban League, United Negro College Fund, Equal Justice Initiative, and National Museum of African American History and Culture.
In 2021, our support will continue. We have or intend to:
- Provide an update on our diversity representation goals and progress.
- Support Asian American communities with donations to Stop AAPI Hate and to Asian Americans Advancing Justice.
- Establish a D+I Policy Deployment initiative at each operating company.
- Participate in a Day of Remembrance on May 25th to mark the one-year anniversary of the death of George Floyd by observing a moment of silence across our company.
- Host our second Day of Understanding to further our D+I commitment and to drive personal and team accountability to move us from action to impact.
- Invite more associates to join our Associate Resource Groups by expanding our reach to non-exempt associates in the US and Canada and to additional geographies.
- Launch a global community impact and charitable giving strategy aligned to our core values.
It is our sincere hope that marginalized and underrepresented associates feel supported and a sense of belonging here. We will continue to do what we can to make Danaher an even better place to work every day and strive for a just and equal society in which every person can realize their life's potential.
See our full statement on Standing Up for Human Rights.