On May 25, 2021, Danaher and our Operating Companies will mark the one-year anniversary of George Floyd’s death with a Day of Remembrance. As part of the Day of Remembrance, associates are invited to participate in a moment of silence to reflect on and honor all those who have been subject to racism and other forms of oppression around the globe. Associates are encouraged to observe this symbolic date and moment of silence in a way that is meaningful to them.
Over the past year, we have watched the number of documented hate crimes and racist behavior seemingly increasing daily. Danaher condemns this morally wrong and unjust behavior, and we believe corporations have an important duty to operationalize human rights in daily interactions with associates, customers and business partners. We strive to be a responsible corporate citizen and to contribute positively to human rights impacts in the way we run our company.
To this end, we have accelerated our global Diversity + Inclusion efforts and taken a more visible position on matters of social justice, which we view as congruent with our position on human rights.
Additionally, our efforts to provide internal support, education and community for our associates around these incidents and topics have increased and will continue as a core part of how we operate.
To date, few of our actions to ensure associates find a safe, healthy and fulfilling environment at Danaher include:
- Held ourselves accountable to progress by setting 5-year diversity representation goals. See our annual Sustainability Report for more information.
- Hosted a Day of Understanding intended to engage and activate our people leaders on D+I and inspire their personal commitment to build and sustain a truly diverse team and inclusive culture.
- Launched a global Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and offered mental health resources, including free counseling for associates impacted by systemic racism and hate crimes.
- Hosted One-Point Lessons focused on raising awareness to specific issues impacting our colleagues and how we can stand with them in support.
- Supported Black communities with donations to the National Urban League, United Negro College Fund, Equal Justice Initiative, and National Museum of African American History and Culture.
In 2021, this support continues. We have or intend to:
- Provide an update on our diversity representation goals and progress.
- Support Asian American communities with donations to Stop AAPI Hate and to Asian Americans Advancing Justice.
- Establish a D+I Policy Deployment initiative at each operating company.
- Host our second Day of Understanding to further our D+I commitment and to drive personal and team accountability to move us from action to impact.
- Expanding the reach of our our Associate Resource Groups.
- Launch a global community impact and charitable giving strategy aligned to our core values.
We reaffirm our commitment to human rights and doing what we can to strive for a just and equal society in which every person can realize their life’s potential.